Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Use your stash Tuesday Mad Dash!


Yes, I am running a mile a minute around here making a HUGE mess of my scrapping space trying to put the last minute touches on my last 3 layouts..yes I said three! I have until midnight to upload them and I am running behind. I have 2 of them done, just need to photograph them and upload them and the third I still need to complete..but I have til midnight right? Well, that's still 6 hours away! LOL! So here is one I did get done and photographed...it is for the die cut challenge. We were to use a die cut or die cut paper on our page. I didn't have any die cut paper to use so I made my own. I had made a template on an old piece of cardboard a while back before I used my last piece of diecut paper in this shape (which I love) traced it onto a piece of Pink Paislee Office Lingo grid paper and tadaaaaaaaaaa die cut paper (I inked the edges to cover up my kindergarten like cutting skills) and there you have it my own homemade die cut paper! The other papers are all VERY old (at least 2004 or 2005) from Basic Gray's Hang 10 collection. They matched my Egyptian theme perfectly! It's times like this when I say to myself "I knew I was saving this paper for the last 5 years for a reason" !!! This layout is based on 52 sketches sketch #16 for last week. The tag with the hieroglyphics is an actual print out we made at the King Tut exhibit called a "cartouche" pronounced "kar-toosh". A cartouche is a seal that Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt used as their nameplate on their tombs etc and this cartouche spells out my son's name in hieroglyphics. We had a great time at this exhibit and I highly recommend it if you have a chance to go. Ok, enough of my history lesson for now, gotta run, afterall I've come this far, now I can just envision me using that Slice that I won't win if I don't get these pages done! If I'm still standing tomorrow, I will share my other challenges with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment