Saturday, April 11, 2009

Half way there!


Well its official, this layout is number five of the first ten challenges I need to complete to be entered into the drawing for a Slice over at Personalscrapper! I still have over 2 weeks to complete the other five challenges. I am hoping to get another one done this weekend in between my Easter Bunny duties and house cleaning. I have the idea, just need the time to complete it! This layout features paper by Autumn Leaves from the May 2007 Personalscrapper kit. The large envelope is from the Lisa Bearson KOTM from April 2008 but the colors were so hard to match, that I just covered it with paper instead of using it in its original format. The pink it was originally was just very hard to match and was driving me crazy trying to find just the right background paper, so I took the easy way out and customized it a bit.
I cut the little mini file folder out with my Cricut, using the Graphically Speaking cartridge, if you don't have this one, run don't walk to buy it, it is awesome! I had fun researching prices, songs, toys, TV shows, etc from my birth year of 1966. It's hard to believe that some of these things are that old! I remembered all of the most popular TV shows and songs, but the movies I really have never seen, but might do so now just for fun. I am planning on doing a page with the highlights from the birth year of everyone in my family for my family album, it will be fun as the years go by to continue to look back on the prices etc and see how things have changed. Enjoy you weekend, hope the Easter Bunny puts lots of goodies in your baskets!

No comments:

Post a Comment