Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Wise Guy!


It seems that owls are the latest craze. I have found myself caught up in the latest craze and finally found an owl that I liked (I'm picky that way). It seems like many of the owls are too girly, too cutesy, too evil looking or just not very owly (is that a word?!) I think this owl is masculine yet eye catching. It is made by Fancy Pants and it matches this My Minds Eye paper (found in the March Personalscrapper kit) perfectly! I may not find another owl I like, but at least I got to scrap a page with an owl (FINALLY!), in fact, one of my friends who will remain nameless got so tired about me talking about owls, she bought this lovely owl for me and gave it to me! LOL! I am sure she was biting her nails worrying that this owl would not live up to my standards and she would have to endure even more owl talk! LUCKY HER..I love it, it was just what I wanted. I had this idea for a LONG time, but didn't have the owl, this picture was taken last year when my son received his TAKS awards for Math and Reading. The pictures of him getting the actual awards turned out HORRIBLE, the lighting in the cafeteria at that school is not good at all and thus the pictures there look GREEN, and although I am not a photoshop expert, they are pretty much unfixable! So I only got this one photo in the classroom when I went to pick him up to leave after the ceremony. The real funny thing is, I am again in search of another owl for a page about this year, you see my son changed schools and the new school's mascot is ....you guessed it...the OWLS! LOL! I told him I might start calling him bird boy because all the schools he attends have bird mascots! So please leave me a comment about any other owls that you like or have seen that I could use for a page on the new school. I am looking for a smallish owl for this page so please leave me a tip with any that you might be aware of that are out there! Oh, I forgot to mention this page was made for one of the Personalscrapper challenges called FAVORITES...it is to feature you favorite paper and embellies....well, I just love the new FREE BIRD line by My Minds Eye, it is so awesome, and of course the new owl, my new fav embellie, and these American Crafts thickers are also some of my absolute favs. This layout was inpsired by sketch #13 at 52 weeks 52 sketches. Have a wonderful rest of the week, I hope to have another layout up by the weekend, so catch ya back here soon!

1 comment:

  1. you lo's are great, why do I not see them in the gallery at PS...maybe I missed them. LOVE that owl!

    ReplyDelete