Monday, January 7, 2019

SNS's New Beginnings Crop!

Good Monday morning friends! We started the New Year off right with a crop over on the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page on the 4th and it is in full swing!  We are having so much fun cropping together and hope you will join us!  Today is my turn to host a challenge!  

For my challenge I picked this fun sketch by Heather:
We are adding a new TWIST to our sketch based crop challenges this year which is so fun!  My twist is to use ink/paint on your layout in some fashion!! 
Here is my layout:

Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: Scenic Route (grid background) & Echo Park Head over Heels; stickers: Echo Park Head Over Heels; dies: CTMH heart & stitched circles thin cuts; ink: CTMH (red & pink) & Stampin' Up (blue- soft sky); stamp set (for ink splats): Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge; rhinestone: Queen & Co; enamel hearts: Crate Paper.
I loved this sketch and the fun ink splats on it!  I decided to rotate the sketch to accommodate the picture I wanted to use.  I like using ink when I have a lot of "white" space to make the white space a little less "white" and little more to my style as white space always makes me feel as if my layout is lacking something!!  I see so many designers who are masters of white space and just LOVE their layouts but when I try to use more white space I always end up not liking it lol!  This layout was fun to make I have reset my 100 papers for the New Year (more on that in an upcoming post soon!) and I decided to start the New Year off by using up some of them.  For this layout I used 1 piece of paper and 1 item from my Bashket (enamel hearts).  I hope you will join us over on the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page and crop with us this month!  The crop is going on until January 31st at midnight CST so there is lots of time to play along!  Happy creating!!!!

1 comment: