Monday, August 13, 2018

Sketch N Scrap's Slice of Summer Crop

Happy Monday!! I hope your weekend was super productive!  Mine sure was, got to have some crafty time with friends and enjoyed creating a few cards and a few layouts!  The Sketch N Scrap Slice of Summer crop is still going on over on the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page and it was my turn to host Challenge #3!!  

The challenge is to create a card using this amazing card sketch by Heather:
 
Here is my card using this sketch:
Supplies Used: card base: CTMH; Card stock: Stampin' Up- Basic Black, Pear Pizzaz, Pale Plum; Ink: CTMH Black; embossing folder: CTMH Rose; Dies: CTMH- Hearts; Stamp: CTMH- Inspired Words; stickers: (strips & sentiment) Basic Grey Kioshi

I love how this card turned out!!  I had stamped this heart a while ago while playing around with my new Inspired Words stamp set by Close to My Heart...who would have thought it matched these stickers lying in my BASHKET pile!!!  I knew once I saw this sketch that I would use these old Basic Grey border stickers as they would fit in with the sketch and also check off 3 things from my bash it basket/list!!  So I started searching for a flower to match the stickers and had a hard time finding one (I know hard to believe!)...so I switched courses to substitute the flower in the sketch for another shape and lo and behold when I searched my shape box I found this heart and it matched my stickers!!  I no longer have any of the Kioshi paper from Basic Grey so I had to improvise with cardstock that matched the stickers and decided to give my cardstock some flair by embossing it with my all time favorite ROSE embossing folder from Close to My Heart!!  I ended up using FOUR items from my bash it pile on this one card! YAY!  I can see myself using this sketch again, it is very versatile!  I hope it inspire you to play along with us at the Sketch N Scrap Slice of Summer crop!  All 4 challenges are now posted and you have until August 31st to play along with us!! Happy creating and see you at the crop!

No comments:

Post a Comment