Monday, August 12, 2019

August Flavors of the Month kit ~ Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl

Happy Monday!! This has been a super busy month for me but I have somehow managed to squeeze in a lot of crafting none the less!! I have just returned from a little mini vacay and had such a relaxing time! I brought along some crafty supplies yet only managed to touch them once I was so busy and having such a great time!!  Today I am the hostess of our 3rd challenge over at the monthly challenge page on Facebook for Sketch N Scrap!!  Today's challenge was to create a layout using sketch #156 from July 2018.  Here is the sketch created by yours truly:

Here is my layout using the sketch:
Supplies Used: Cardstock: white-from the kit; Patterned Paper: Echo Park Teen Spirit (Girl)- from the kit; doily: From the kit; letter stickers: Paper Trunk- from my stash; ephemera: Echo Park Teen Spirit Girl- from the kit (you make me smile & Everything today totally rocked!); punches: Circles by Stampin' Up.
Every challenge also has an optional twist with it each month to make things a bit more interesting and of course more challenging!  You receive one extra entry into the prize drawing if you complete the optional twist with the sketch!  The optional twist for this challenge was to use emoji's or smiley faces on your layout!  I ended up punching out my emoji's from one of the patterned papers included in the August Flavors of the month kit!  What an easy way to add embellishments!  I also tore some paper on this layout, this old tried and true technique gives such texture to your layouts and so every now and again I will do it, I really need to do it more often as I love the look!!  I created this layout using my August Flavors of the month kit at The ScrapRoom!  Here is close up of the mini kit I used for my layout:
I hope you will join us at Sketch N Scrap this month and play along with one or all of our challenges!!  And don't forget to hop on over to The ScrapRoom blog to see what the other DT members did with the amazing August Flavors of the month kit!!  Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment