Wednesday, February 10, 2021

TN Time with Lisa & Lori ~ February edition!!

Happy Hump Day!!  We are in an arctic cold front here in Texas!  I know many of you have been like this all Winter but it's rare for it to dip below 30 in Texas and much more rare for it to stay that way for a week!!  It can leave anytime as far as I am concerned lol!  It's a great day to stay inside and get creative!!  Today I am sharing our February TN Time with Lisa & Lori challenge!! 

HERE IS HOW OUR CHALLENGE WORKS: This is a monthly challenge that launches on the 10th of each month  You will have until the 9th at midnight CST to link up your entries. If you complete my sketch challenge link your TN, bullet journal or planner spread below. If you combined my challenge with Lori's challenge link up your spread here on my blog AND on Lori's Blog (My Happy Life). For 2021 we are making this challenge a "just for fun" challenge with no prize, but isn't the real prize just documenting your memories and getting more pages done in 2021???!!!! 
Now for my challenge!! Here is this month's sketch:

Now for Lori's February challenge (February 10th-March 9th)


What an fun challenge!!  The color RED is perfect for Valentine's Day and so much more!!    
Here is my spread for this month- I used the sketch & Lori's challenge:
Supplies Used: Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Simple Vintage Botanicals & Carta Bella Our House (red strip); alpha stickers: Simple Stories Carpe Diem; stickers: Carta Bella Our House (mushroom, flower, butterfly, black word strip) & Echo Park Everyday Eclectic (love this photo); heart: The Reset Girl Girl Friday; tag: Crate Paper & enamel dots: My Mind's Eye

I stuck true to the sketch but added in a tag instead of a paper strip on the second page and I love how that looks!  I opted to leave the tag hole empty for a change instead of adding twine....I though the twine covered up my journaling to much. As you can see I went for a softer color palette and added in pops of red with the top paper strip and the red in the center of the flower and a red mushroom...I love the pops of red and will doing this again soon!! 

Now for a few close ups:

I love the "outdoorsy" feel of this Simple Stories line!  Isn't this mushroom the cutest?  I found this cut out heart in one of my The Reset Girl printable collections and thought it was perfect for this spread...the wood grain texture in the heart adds to the nature feel I was trying to capture!  I could have punched out a heart but this heart was "fatter" and anchored my word strip better! 

I am working on using up 12 x 12 sticker sheets from collections I have used up all the paper for and so on this spread I accomplished that by using up a number of stickers from older 12 x 12 sheets!!  So glad I had stickers to match this Simple Stories line because I only have paper for that line and no stickers lol!!  How do I have so much stash but yet things like that still happen?  But instead of buying more I am determined to make things "work" together from here on out!!  
Now for the nitty gritty of how to play along:

                                            RULES FOR THE CHALLENGE:
1.Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2.Create a new, not previously posted project.
3.You are welcome to combine with other challenges.
4.If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5.You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6.You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!
Be sure to stop by Lori's blog to see her awesome TN spread for this challenge!  I hope you will find time to join in the fun this month!  We can't wait to see what you create!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful spread, Lisa!I know what you mean about having so much stash but still not having stickers or die cuts to match the collection! I love that you are using your older sticker sheets and I would have never known those stickers didn't come with the collection.

    ReplyDelete