Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Use your stash Tuesday!


For today's use your stash Tuesday I created a layout based on sketch #20 from my fav sketch site . This sketch was a real simple but versatile sketch, so many ways to interpret it. I choose some of my fav photos of myself and my son from 2008 (actually I think these are THE ONLY photos of us together in 2008). I used Pink Paislee papers from the Spring Fling line that I purchased well over a year ago when the line first came out. I really loved them, but was hoarding them for some reason, probably waiting for "JUST THE RIGHT" photos LOL! The other older things from my stash which I was excited to use were the round bingo tiles...I covered the middle of two of them with a 1/2 punched circle and used a heart sticker for the middle of the flower and the "LOVE" in the "Love U". I have had these for well over 8 or 9 yrs and just never used them, don't you think they look great like this? I especially loved the one in the middle of the flower. The quote is one I got free at a Quick Quotes class I took 4-5 yrs ago, I thought it was fitting for this page. The word "MOMENTS" is a fabric sticker that I got 3-4 yrs ago and never used, but now have used almost the entire lot of them. The chipboard under the flower is from my winnings from Emma's challenge. I LOVE using up my older stash...trying to destash so I can purchase some of these and some of this and a little bit of that! Can you tell I'm gearing up to scrap some awesome summer pics? I just love scrapbooking my water pics. We are leaving for vacation to sunny Florida in just 10 days, so I will have plenty of uses for these yummy goodies! Plus we are gearing up for another LOAD (LayOut A Day) contest over at Personalscrapper so I hope to get a LOT of scrapping done and use up some more stash during this month long contest in June! Hope you will be able to play along with me!

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the destashing thing! How is it possible to build up so much stash?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that layout. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That LO is just stunning! I love the little "[heart] U" accent! I have those bingo letters...

    ReplyDelete